Thursday, May 10, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for my husband.  I have been sick this past week with a sinus infection, etc. and he has been taking great care of me!  He has let me sleep in, cooked me dinner, gone out to get dinner when we have had nothing in the house to cook, taken care of Oliver, gone on "slushie runs", and let me just relax and take naps...

Speaking of naps, I am thankful for them, too!  Since I have been under the weather I have taken 3+ hour naps on 3 of the last 6 days.  Two of the other days I took 2 hour naps.  Last night I took a 1.5 hour nap after work.  I fully intend to get some sort of nap time in tonight as well.  This baby growing business is tiring!  =)

I am thankful for my mom.  I am thankful that she is always just a phone call away.  I am thankful that she is also just a short drive away.  I am thankful that we will all be able to get together this weekend for Mother's Day.  Both of my grandmas will also be there, so that is pretty cool, too.

Speaking of Mother's Day, I would be VERY thankful if I were to be a "real" mother by then!  Baby Barto, please come out!!!

On a totally unrelated note, and in the category of "random".  I just read a news article about a pharmacy in Des Moines that got audited.  As it turns out, they have almost 750,000 pain pills that are unaccounted for over the past 4 years.  As a pharmacy they were dispensed almost 1.1 million pain pills, but have only dispensed just over 350,000 of those to patients.  Wowza!  I emailed my brother the link to this article...I hope he is a better counter than the pharmacist that ran this place!

I hope you have lots to be thankful for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment