Monday, April 30, 2012

Baby Barto's Nursery!

I am very pleased and proud to announce that Baby Barto's nursery is (mostly) complete!  We ordered the crib and dresser on January 21, and it was finally delivered to our house last week.  Who knew that it took that long to get furniture?!  As it turns out, it was totally worth the wait...I am thrilled with the furniture we picked out, and even though I know the baby really won't care that much at all, it still makes me happy to know that the baby will get to sleep and grow up in such a bright and cheery room.  I thought I would post some pictures of the nursery so you could see what Tae & I have put together.  Now, I am just crossing my fingers that Baby Barto wants to come out (SOON!) to see his or her room!  =)




The rocking chair is from Tae's parent's house.  They were kind enough to give it to us to use in the nursery. Tae (all by himself, no less!) reupholstered the chair to better suit our needs.  While I was gone to a show with my mom yesterday, he went to the fabric store, bought the fabric and put it all together to suprise me when I got home.  What a guy!

Not to toot my own horn, toot, toot, TOOT!, but the artwork on the walls is all me!  We opted to do a jungle theme for the nursery, so I bought some paints and blank canvases and painted all the animals you see free-hand.  I don't know if I should be offended by how shocked surprised people are to learn that I made the artwork myself, but the truth is, I LOVE to do crafts and crafty things.  I can't say much for my drawing skills, but I do love to paint, so I found some cute animal pictures online and tried to replicate them the best I could.  I am very pleased with the results!


Here is a close-up of the crib.  Baby Barto already has some cute stuffed toys!  The white blanket was a gift from my parents.  It is already very special to me because I had a similar white baby blanket growing up that was a gift from my Grandma & Grandpa Jones.  In fact, I still have my white baby blanket, special corner and all! 



Baby Barto is a Cyclone fan already!  Luckily for him or her, mom and dad already purchased their season tickets for the 2012 football season.  Baby Barto is going to be so well-dressed at the games! None of that UGLY Hawkeye crap for our child!


For my baby shower with friends and family, the guests were asked to give books for Baby Barto to enjoy.  Look at how full that bookshelf is already!  Baby Barto is so spoiled already!  We are very much looking forward to reading our baby stories each night before bed.  We have even read some of the books to Baby Barto already.


Oliver can't wait for Baby Barto to arrive so he can read to him or her also!  If our child ends up being even half as cute as our puppy, we have a winner!  (But Oliver is a whole other post for another day...)

In other news, we had a great, lazy weekend!  Congratulations to my friends Laura & Kent on the arrival of their son, Kase on April 27.  I tried to urge Baby Barto to be a birthday twin with little Kase, but he/she wasn't listening, I guess.  It freaked Tae & I out It is crazy to think that the next time we go to Mercy, it will be to have our own baby!  Yay!

My mom and I went to the Civic Center on Sunday afternoon to watch the musical Memphis.  This is the second year we have gotten season tickets to the Civic Center Willis Broadway Series shows, and they never disappoint.  We have gotten to see Wicked!, Jersey Boys, Lion King, Rock of Ages, Mary Poppins, and many other wonderful shows.  The tickets are very affordable and we always have a good time.  I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Hope you all had great weekends as well.  Until another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment