Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Randomness...

Well, the day has finally arrived!  The Bartos are joining the blogging world!  My lovely friends who have pestered and bothered strongly encouraged me to start a blog will either be pleased with the results or curse the day they thought it was a good idea for me to blog.  =)  Here goes nothing!

The last few days have been filled with random thoughts and observations, so I thought that would be a good place to start.  Here is some of the randomness, folks!

1.  Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart to return a crib mattress pad.  I wanted to return it because I had already bought a couple and received another one at my baby shower, and I didn't think that I really needed three (do I?).  The package was unopened and I had the receipt.  Should be an easy return, right?  Well, the lady at customer service appeared very suspicious as to why I was returning this item.  She carefully inspected the receipt.  She carefully inspected the item.  Then, with a smile, she made the transaction and gave me a gift card for the amount.  She carefully lifted the package to her face and SMELLED it!  Yes, she smelled it.  Of all of the things I thought she might do, smelling the mattress pad was not even on the list.  Do people really open, soil, and then re-package soiled mattress pads so they can return them rather than wash them?!  Oh, the joys of Wal-Mart...

2.  Even though I am approximately 20 months pregnant, I still feel guilty if I even think about parking the the space marked "for pregnant or expecting mothers" at Hy-Vee.  Probably no one who saw me park there and waddle gracefully walk into the store would judge me, but it still just feels wrong.

3.  I am a creature of habit.  Usually at the Hy-Vee deli I order 1lb of honey turkey.  Yesterday, I decided to only order 1/2 lb because I won't be going home for lunch every day this week as I normally would.  The same deli guy usually helps me each week.  Yesterday, when I ordered the 1/2 lb of honey turkey the deli guy promptly measured out 1lb of honey turkey, started to wrap it up, and then looked at me with a confused face and said, "oh, you only want 1/2 lb today?"  I felt a little bad because he had measured exactly 1.00 lb on the scale, and I think he was proud of this.  When he took some away, the closest he could get was 0.47 lb.  Bummer...

4.  Even if I have the cash (which I rarely do), I will still pay with my Mastercard, no matter how small the bill.  I will look past a $1 bill in my wallet to find my Mastercard to pay for a $0.97 item.  Our monthly mastercard statement is usually several pages long.  For most people a bill this long would indicate a spending problem.  In our case, the bill is just a long list of charges, most of which are under $5.

5.  On the way to work today I drove past a man on a bike with a backpack talking on his cell phone.  This was a pedal bike, not a motorcyle.  The speed limit on this road is 55 mph.  Call me crazy, but this just seems extra dangerous at 7:30 am.

6.  At this point in my pregnancy if you want to be my best friend say things like "wow! you look like you have dropped...I bet this baby will be here soon!" or "I have a feeling this baby will come before your due date" or even "you definitely look like you are dilated" (although how you would know or sense this I'm not sure...depending on who you are, this could be awkward...).  If you want me to curse you as soon as you leave the room, say things like "just remember, even though your due date is only 3 weeks away, you still might not have this baby for 5 more weeks" or "I think you will go a few days past your due date" or "don't wish the baby to come early, it still needs time to grow; it will come when it is ready".  I fully understand that the baby will come when it wants and that there is little I can do about it, but at this point, tell me what I want to hear, even if that is not reality!  If you don't, I'm probably not listening to you anyway.

7.  Pregnancy brain and forgetfullness are real.  As I was thinking about this post the last few days I had no less than 20 random things to talk about...at this moment, I cannot come up with anything else.  I guess those will have to wait for another day.  Unfortunately for you, the random things I have forgotten were probably also the most entertaining of the bunch.  =)

In other news, I had a great weekend with my family and friends at my baby shower!  It's not often you get to have most of your (female) family and all of your BFFs in the same room!  Tae, the baby, and I feel so blessed to have so many people around us who care for us and love this baby even though he/she is not even here yet!  Once I figure out how to post photos I will write more about the shower and my wonderful family and friends.

Hope you are all having a great day!  Hope you enjoyed my first blogging attempt.  I am looking forward to my first "Thankful Thursday" post tomorrow.  Lord knows I have plenty to be thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased that you have joined the blogging world! A successful first post! :) Looking forward to more stories and pictures from the Barto family!

    ReplyDelete