Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday

There are so many things that I am thankful for each and every day.  Where to begin...

I am very thankful for all of the wonderful women in my life: my mom, my sister, and my girl friends. 

In high school I loved to hang out "with the girls".  I was always involved in sports and there was a lot of "girl time", whether at practice or on the bus rides from here to there or just hanging out.  Great times!  Once I went off to college, I still had girl friends, but I found myself taking classes with mostly guys.  Most of my close friends were then guys.  At dental school, it was more of the same.  Most of my classmates were guys and so most of my close friends were guys.  Don't get me wrong, hanging out "with the guys" can be fun and you can build some really strong bonds with your guy friends, but nothing compares to the bonds that girls share.

I am thankful that over the past couple of years I have been blessed with the opportunity to make new girl friends and reconnect with some "old" girl friends that I had missed so much over the years.  I get so much joy and comfort from an email, a text, a blog post, or a lunch with my friends.  We talk about everything and we talk about nothing, but it doesn't matter because we just enjoy each others company.

I am even more thankful to have such close girl friends during my pregnancy.  Who else will be totally honest when answering the millions of silly intelligent questions I have about pregnancy and childbirth?  Would you believe that my sister and ALL of my BFFs have had babies within the last 10 months?!  In fact, one of them is literally having her baby today, as I type this!  Oops!  Just found out that her induction was moved back to tomorrow.  I still can't wait to meet your little guy, Laura!  =) 

I am also very thankful that Baby Barto is now full-term!  It's comforting to know that Baby Barto could be safely welcomed to this world at any time.  I would be even more thankful if Baby Barto would make a soon and quick arrival.  =)

I am thankful for my husband.  There are a million reasons why this is true.  Suffice it to say that he is perfect for me and to me in every way.  Last night he even gave me a much deserved needed foot massage!  (And he only tried to crack my toes (which I hate!) twice!  Now, that is true love....haha).

I hope you all have a great Thursday and have a chance to remember all of the things you are thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment